Wednesday 19 February 2014

A few additions to the premise of this enterprise...

Hello all!

I have got no clue who's reading this blog, or if anyone is reading it at all. Yet it satisfies me just to imagine that someone is reading (or at least looking at it, judging from the views account on my Blogger main page), so I'd rather believe it. In any case, I'm opening this extra post just to clarify some new rules for my severe filmic undertaking.
  1. Two new categories have been added to the scoring section, although this has already been discussed before. These are Concept and Premise Execution, which I think are important aspects of any work of art to look for. Concept refers to the general idea of the film and its innovative or simply dramatic features; its intricacies, so to speak. Premise Execution is related to the director's efficiency in delivering the experience he suggested with the tone and the theme of the film (something like thematic coherence and cohesion).
  2. I've just decided that I'll also add to the list films I've already watched before, but haven't watched in a very long time. This would be a great opportunity for me to quit being so lazy and revisiting those striking audiovisual experiences I had in the past. These films shall have an already watched before tag to identify them amongst the ones that are new to me.
  3. As some of you may have noticed, some short-length films are also included in the list. Short films are also films, they help build the history of cinema as much as any other kind of film. However, I understand the reasons some people may find to criticise my use of short films in the project, so I'll restrict my use of them to 65 at most. The remaining 300 films will have to be full-length ones.
This is it for the time being. I shall come back with more tweaks as regards the functioning of the blog as they come up.

Cheerio!
George.

No comments:

Post a Comment